Jessica “Jess” Junek Attorney
Jess is a zealous advocate for clients involved in litigation. She has proven oral and written advocacy skills in both state and federal courts. She brings enthusiasm to every litigation team through her creative analysis, preparation and grit. Her practice focuses on representing clients in a variety of disputes including personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, and construction defect matters.
Outside of the office, Jess enjoys being an active member of her community. She is Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at St. Mary’s University School of Law where she teaches and prepares the next generation of lawyers. Through her work as an Adjunct Professor, Jess led the National Trial Team to its first National Championship in over a decade at the 2022 National Trial League Competition.
Jess is also an avid saltwater fly fishing angler. She is often traveling to the lower Florida Keys and the Texas coast in search of redfish, bonefish, tarpon, and the elusive permit. Her fly fishing hobby has rewarded her in so many ways, but most importantly as a way to give back as a casting instructor with a national non-profit, Casting for Recovery, which provides healing retreats for breast cancer survivors and others still in the process of recovery.
- Texas A&M University, Political Science and Communication, B.A.
- South Texas College of Law, Magna Cum Laude, J.D.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- National Order of the Barristers
- National Order of the Scribes
- Bexar County Bar Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Casting for Recovery, Fly Fishing Instructor