If you work in the insurance industry, you’re no stranger to litigation. Neither are we. Whether litigating in the courtroom or working through alternative means of resolution, we’re proud of the results we’ve achieved in resolving complex claims for our insurance industry clients.
Proven Experience in Insurance Defense
In addition to vast experience defending third-party insurance claims, our attorneys have decades of experience handling litigation, trials, and appeals of first-party insurance claims in state and federal courts. This encompasses claims for declaratory relief, breach of contract, statutory and common-law bad faith, contribution and indemnity, and subrogation. We also initiate and defend coverage litigation for our insurance clients relating to the duty to defend and indemnify.
Expertise in Many Forms
Mayer LLP also advises clients and litigates coverage issues under many different policy forms, including:
- Builder’s Risk policies
- Commercial General Liability policies
- Commercial Property coverages
- Director & Officer coverage (D&O)
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL)
- Errors & Omissions coverage (E&O)
- Sexual or Physical Abuse or Molestation (“SPAM”) coverage
- Various types of professional liability policies