When you choose to serve in the medical field, you devote your life to caring for others. We devote our best resources to ensure that you’re able to continue focusing on this invaluable work.
MAINTAINING HEALTHY MEDICAL CAREERS
Our health care practice is made up of more than just excellent defense attorneys, with a phenomenal record of success in the courtroom. We build on the extensive experience defending doctors, hospitals, health care providers, and pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers to offer expertise nationwide. Our services cross virtually every facet of the health care community – from physicians, nurses and hospitals, to manufacturers of drug products and medical devices such as pacemakers, artificial joints, insulin pumps, prescription eye drops, and opioids. In addition, we possess expertise in healthcare issues related to the CARES Act and the COVID-19 outbreak.
Mayer LLP specializes in helping those in the health care profession avoid litigation by finding and correcting areas where you’re at potential risk for a lawsuit or action from an administrative agency. We offer proactive steps to protect our clients so they can focus on providing care and developing game-changing therapies with confidence. With more than 120 years of combined experience, you can rely on us as your go-to resource for common legal issues that you may face.
- Administrative Hearings and Appeals
- Antitrust Counseling and Litigation
- Compliance with Health Care, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Device Regulatory Regime
- Commercial Disputes Among Actors in Health Care Ecosystem
- Credentialing Disputes
- False Claims Act and Anti-Fraud Litigation
- Health Care Quality Improvement Act Issues
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Medical Peer Review Process
- Medical Staff Appointment and Clinical Privileges
- National Practitioner Data Bank Entries
- Physician Contracts and Non-Compliance Agreement
- Purchase and Sale of Health Care Entities and Joint Ventures
- Product Liability Litigation
- Recruitment Agreements and Income Guarantee Contracts
- “Sham” Peer Review Disputes
- Texas Medical Board and Board of Nursing Investigations