When situations arise that can only be settled in the courtroom, our seasoned litigators are ready to diligently fight to defend your rights.
Our deep and unmatched bench of trial attorneys can manage litigation of any complexity in state and federal courts in Texas and throughout the country. Additionally, we provide counsel on risk management and litigation avoidance, including alternative means of dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation.
Avoid Unnecessary Risk
Our litigation team also works closely with other divisions in our firm to help you avoid costly litigation. For example, we can draft appropriate contractual provisions to address issues, and assess the likelihood or probable outcome of litigation. We also work with you to develop, prepare and implement policies and procedures to lessen the impact of potential litigation, and review practices and procedures for problem areas that may increase your exposure.
We’ve Done This Before
Our litigation team has defended a wide array of businesses, individuals, and insurance carriers. We offer a tremendous breadth of experience, with a particularly strong background in areas such as:
- Business torts (fraud, defamation, deceptive trade practices, unfair competition)
- Catastrophic loss and emergency response
- Commercial and business litigation
- Corporate, partnership and shareholder disputes
- Dram shop
- Insurance coverage
- Medical/sham peer review
- Premises liability and inadequate security
- Products liability
- Professional and fiduciary liability
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
- Trade secrets, non-competition, and employee mobility
- Wrongful death