Barrett Deacon Partner
For 20 years Barrett Deacon has been litigating civil cases in federal and state courts throughout Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. He is frequently asked to defend motor carriers, truck drivers, shippers and freight brokers in catastrophic injury cases. In addition to trucking companies, Mr. Deacon also has experience representing rail carriers, retailers, and hospitality industry providers. He has extensive experience successfully litigating insurance disputes, premises liability matters, product liability cases, and other general liability matters.
Barrett is listed in Best Lawyers in American in transportation law and insurance litigation. He has held an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell for many years. He is listed by Super Lawyers in the area of personal injury defense. He has been asked to speak at seminars on topics involving litigation and trial tactics and current developments in tort and transportation law.
Barrett graduated from the University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton College of Business in 1998 and the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2001. He is licensed to practice in in Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
In his spare time Barrett enjoys watching his children participate in their sporting events and spending as much time as possible enjoying all kinds of outdoor activities with his family.
- University of Arkansas School of Law J.D., 2001
- University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton College of Business, 1998
- State Bar of Arkansas, 2001
- State Bar of Missouri, 2003
- State Bar of Oklahoma, 2020
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- All Federal Courts in Arkansas
- All Federal Courts in Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
Distinctions & Certifications
- Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers 2022 Litigation – Insurance "Lawyer of the Year" in Fayetteville, AR
- Best Lawyers in America® (2018–2022)
- Super Lawyers
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Washington County Bar Association
- Long-time volunteer for the Fayetteville Senior Center