Wesley S. Alost Partner
Wes, a Partner with the Firm, practices primarily in the Litigation and Construction sections, with an emphasis on toxic tort, construction disputes, and other high risk, catastrophic loss cases. Wes aggressively and efficiently prepares each case, always mindful of the client’s goals and bottom line. He is admitted to practice in both Louisiana and Texas and began his practice in New Orleans over twenty years ago. He has extensive experience in State and Federal Courts across the country and has served as both national and local counsel in complex, multi-party litigation. During his career, he has represented clients in commercial disputes, construction matters, transportation accidents, products liability, premises liability and professional liability matters.
Wes is actively involved in the Dallas Bar Association, formerly serving as an At Large member of the Board of Directors and serving as Chair or Co-Chair of numerous
Committees. In addition to serving his profession, Wes serves his community as Committee Chair of his neighborhood Cub Scout Pack and an active adult leader in a Scouts BSA Troop.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D., 1997
- The Louisiana Scholars’ College of Northwestern State University, B.A. in Liberal Arts, 1994
- State Bar of Louisiana, 1997
- State Bar of Texas, 2000
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Distinctions & Certifications
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell
- Texas Rising Star, Thompson Reuters (2005, 2006, 2008 and 2010)
- Life Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Texas Bar College
- Represented former Fortune 500 corporation, actively defending catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from petroleum distillate exposure in scores of State and Federal Courts across the country. Most claims involved allegations of catastrophic personal injury or death, as well as claims for punitive damages. Significant accomplishments include exclusion of opposing causation experts and dismissal of suits in Hendrian v. Safety-Kleen Sys., Inc., No. 08-CV-14371, 2015 WL 4770966 (E.D. Mich. Aug. 13, 2015) and Brian v. Assoc. of Ind. Oil Distributors, et al, Docket No. 3413 of 2011, Court of Common Pleas of Westmoreland County, Pa.
- Represented process piping fabricator in multi-jurisdictional construction litigation, as well as other corporate clients in State and Federal Courts throughout Texas.
- Defended industrial silica producer in hundreds of toxic tort suits involving personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Defended premises owner in wrongful death and personal injury toxic tort suits, including claims for neurological injury and death from welding fume exposure.
- Represented process piping fabricator in multi-jurisdictional litigation against natural gas compression plant owner and general contractor, asserting breach of contract claims in excess of $1.5 million.
- Defended independent insurance agencies from third-party claims under professional liability policies.
- Represented elevator manufacturing and servicing companies, both in defense of scores of personal injury and wrongful death claims, and in the prosecution of numerous construction and service contract claims.
- Defended electrical component manufacturer in both premises and products liability claims involving personal injury, wrongful death, and
- property damage allegations.
- Represented an association of restaurants and hospitality-related businesses, in defeating attempt by the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority to impose sales and use tax on hotel occupancy in the New Orleans region, including preparation of successful appellate pleadings.
- Defended owner of tanker truck struck by commercial freight train in Webster Parish, Louisiana in personal injury suit brought by train crew.
- Defended numerous personal injury suits, many including catastrophic loss claims, on behalf of commercial and personal auto liability carriers, including surplus lines carriers.
- Defended workers’ compensation claims against restaurants and hospitality-related businesses through a not-for-profit, state regulated and member-funded pool for workers’ compensation coverage.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association Ambassador
- 2021-2022 Equal Access to Justice Committee, Co-Vice Chair
- 2017 Morris Harrell Professionalism Committee, Co-Chair
- 2014-2016 At-Large Director, Board of Directors
- 2013 Bench/Bar Committee, Co-Chair
- 2012 Public Forum Committee, Chair
- 2010 CLE Committee, Chair
- 2008 Courthouse Committee, Co-Chair
- Recipient, Jo Anna Moreland Outstanding Committee Chair Award (2008)
- Recipient, Presidential Citation (2012)
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Cub Scout Pack 325, Committee Chair
- Scouts BSA Troop 42, Committee Member
- Dallas Academy Dad’s Club, Lower School Representative