Wesley S. Alost Partner
Wes Alost specializes in the defense of toxic tort, premises liability and products liability claims before state and federal courts throughout the country. He is part of a trial team that aggressively and efficiently prepares each case, always mindful of the client’s goals and bottom line. He has represented both large and small corporations in claims involving industrial minerals and chemicals, welding consumables, electrical components, elevators, escalators, and moving walks. Frequently, such claims involved allegations of catastrophic personal injury or death.
Mr. Alost has also represented various contractors in the prosecution and defense of construction claims, including suits and claims based upon breach of contract and construction delays. His broad experience also includes commercial litigation, professional liability actions, personal and commercial auto liability litigation, and maritime law.
• Defended industrial solvent producer as national counsel in personal injury, workers’ compensation and other litigation matters across the country. Most claims involved allegations of catastrophic personal injury or death, as well as claims for punitive damages.
• Defended industrial silica producer in hundreds of toxic tort suits involving personal injury and wrongful death claims.
• Defended premises owner in wrongful death and personal injury toxic tort suits, including claims for neurological injury and death from welding fume exposure.
• Represented process piping fabricator in multi-jurisdictional litigation against natural gas compression plant owner and general contractor, asserting breach of contract claims in excess of $1.5 million.
• Defended independent insurance agencies from third-party claims under professional liability policies.
• Represented elevator manufacturing and servicing companies, both in defense of scores of personal injury and wrongful death claims, and in the prosecution of numerous construction and service contract claims.
• Defended electrical component manufacturer in both premises and products liability claims involving personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage allegations.
• Represented an association of restaurants and hospitality-related businesses, in defeating attempt by the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority to impose sales and use tax on hotel occupancy in the New Orleans region, including preparation of successful appellate pleadings.
• Defended owner of tanker truck struck by commercial freight train in Webster Parish, Louisiana in personal injury suit brought by train crew.
• Defended numerous personal injury suits, many including catastrophic loss claims, on behalf of commercial and personal auto liability carriers, including surplus lines carriers.
• Defended workers’ compensation claims against restaurants and hospitality-related businesses through a not-for-profit, state regulated and member-funded pool for workers’ compensation coverage.
• Represented publishers’ advertising representative in month-long jury trial against magazine publisher and related corporate entities, including preparation of all post-trial motions and successful appellate pleadings.
• Obtained jury verdict, including attorneys’ fees, on behalf of homeowners in breach of warranty and DTPA action against door and casement window manufacturer, including preparation of all post-trial motions and
• Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association Ambassador
- 2017 Morris Harrell Professionalism Committee, Co-Chair
- 2014-2016 At-Large Director, Board of Directors
- 2013 Bench/Bar Committee, Co-Lead-Chair
- 2012 Public Forum Committee, Chair
- 2010 CLE Committee, Chair
- 2008 Courthouse Committee, Co-Chair
- Recipient, Jo Anna Moreland Outstanding Committee Chair Award (2008)
- Recipient, Presidential Citation (2012)
• Dallas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
• State Bar of Texas
• Louisiana State Bar Association
• Member, Texas Bar College
• Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
• Named a “Texas Rising Star” in Texas Monthly magazine in 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2010
• Cub Scout Pack 325, Cubmaster
• Boy Scout Troop 42, Committee Member
• Dallas Academy Dad’s Club, Lower School Representative