Van “Trey” Parham III Attorney
Van “Trey” Parham, an Associate at the firm, focuses his practice on litigation, representing clients in cases involving personal injury, commercial litigation, and intellectual property. Prior to joining the Firm, Trey gained valuable experience in commercial litigation and the registration, prosecution, and protection of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights.
He has been a registered practitioner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office since 2016. Possessing both a Master’s in Forensic Genetics and a Bachelor’s of Science in Zoology/Biomedical Sciences, Trey uses this technical background to analyze complex technical and medical matters that bring clients a valuable and unique blend of science and the law.
Prior to graduating from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law Evening Program, Trey was a Forensic Biologist for the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, where he spent 5 years assisting the Dallas District Attorney’s Office and Dallas Medical Examiner’s office in the use of Genetic Evidence to solve crimes and determine causes of death.
Away from the office, Trey enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. He also enjoys reading, building things with his hands, and following his Oklahoma Sooners.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2017
- North Texas Health Science Center – M.S. Forensic Genetics, 2011
- University of Oklahoma, B.S. Zoology/Biomedical Sciences, 2008
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers – Member
Publications & Speeches
- Enforcing Intellectual Property Without Triggering Litigation - April 2018 Headnotes: Intellectual Property/Science & Technology Law