Robert L. Rickman Partner
Rob Rickman, a founding equity partner in Mayer LLP, is in his 22nd year of representing clients in employment disputes and has achieved the select distinction of being Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Rob has an unparalleled knack for recognizing when — and which — cases call for an aggressive tactical approach versus a pragmatic strategy focused on resolution, choosing the path that will create the most value and achieve optimal results for the client.
As the leader of the Firm’s employment practice group, Rob’s experience covers all facets of the employment spectrum, including theft and misappropriation of trade secrets disputes; non-compete cases; discrimination lawsuits arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; wage and overtime claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act; managing medical leave and reinstatement under the Family Medical Leave Act; and workplace safety matters under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. Rob also guides employers through audits and inspections from the Department of Labor, Texas Workforce Commission, and OSHA, counsels employers on best day-to-day HR practices, and provides advice to clients on handbook policies and employment agreements.
Rob’s employment litigation skills have helped him serve clients in other litigation matters such as breach of contract cases, indemnification disputes, shareholder derivative actions, and trademark and copyright infringement claims.
While Rob’s experience is not limited to any particular industry, he has acquired in-depth knowledge by extensively serving clients in the retail/restaurant/hospitality, health care and transportation industries.
- Labor & Employment
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with Honors, 1999
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. in Management, 1996
- State Bar of Texas, 1999
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Labor and Employment
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Labor & Employment
- Dallas Bar Association (Employment Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Labor & Employment and Litigation Sections)
- Ursuline Academy, Leadership Team and Grade Level Co-Chair for Ursuline Fund
- Prince of Peace Catholic School, Advisory Board Member and Grade Level Captain for Annual Fund