Megan P. Pharis Attorney
Megan is an associate in the Dallas office of Mayer LLP in the Health Care and Medical Malpractice section. Megan’s practice includes representing physicians, practice groups, and hospitals throughout Texas. She handles all matters from case inception to post judgment appeals, including oral advocacy, motion practice, arbitration, mediation, and representation at deposition and trial. Megan also has experience in the representation of physicians and nurses at the Texas Medical Board and the Texas Board of Nursing in administrative hearings.
Prior to law school, Megan had a successful career in healthcare and hospital administration, most recently as a Vice President of Operations at Baylor Scott & White Health. She was instrumental in the joint venture between Baylor and Tenet Health in 2016 and continued to work on physician practice acquisitions for Baylor until her departure in 2018.
Megan received her Juris Doctorate in December 2019 from Texas A&M School of Law. During law school, she participated in the Innocence Project of Texas and studied abroad in Aberdeen, Scotland. Megan also holds a Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University (1999), and an MBA (2002) and Master of Science Healthcare Administration (2003) from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
In her free time, Megan enjoys sports (mostly Aggie football), playing golf, and spending time with her 16 year old daughter and 5 year old Anatolian Shepard.
- Texas A&M University (1999) B.S. Health Education
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (2002) M.B.A.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (2003) M.S.H.A.
- Texas A&M University School of Law (2019) Juris Doctorate
- State Bar of Texas, 2020
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Dallas Women Lawyer’s Association
- Junior League of Dallas
- Dallas Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- Innocence Project of Texas
- Community Partners of Dallas