Jessica Marshall Partner
Jessica Marshall is a partner in the Albuquerque office of Mayer LLP.
Jessica has been added to the Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” in America for Medical Malpractice Defense since 2022. She has also been named to Super Lawyers for 2023 Southwest Rising Stars. Jessica regularly represents physicians, medical professionals, and healthcare facilities in claims alleging medical negligence. With a brother in the chiropractic profession, she is proud to defend medical professionals. Additionally, she focuses her practice on employment law and personal injury suits. She handles all aspects of litigation including discovery practice, mediation, and trials. Jessica also represents clients in pre-litigation employment defense matters before the New Mexico Human Rights Bureau and the EEOC.
Jessica is originally from Houston, Texas, and has been living in New Mexico since 2005. Prior to working at Mayer LLP, she worked for small and national law firms handling defense of medical malpractice cases, employment law, construction law, insurance coverage, bad faith insurance litigation, and personal injury suits. She has worked at a creditor's rights law firm representing financial institutions in a variety of actions including Bankruptcy, Collection, Unfair Trade Practices claims, Fair Debt Collection Act claims, and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act claims. Jessica has also provided pro bono services as a mediator for the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court.
- Labor & Employment
- University of New Mexico, BA in Sociology and Psychology, 2011
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2015
- New Mexico State Bar
- New Mexico Federal Court
Distinctions & Certifications
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” in America for Medical Malpractice Defense 2022-2024
- Super Lawyers for 2023 Southwest Rising Stars
- NM Employment & Labor Law Section of the State Bar
- NM Health Law Section of the State Bar
Publications & Speeches
- 2022 NM State Bar Employment Section Meeting. Presented on the NM Healthy Workplaces Act and recent changes to the Federal Arbitration Act.
- 2023 NM Defense Lawyers Association You