Jacqueline Alvarenga Gerber Partner
Jacqueline Alvarenga Gerber is a native of Houston, Texas. She graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a minor in Business Administration in 2009. Jacqueline earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2012 where she was Managing Editor of the Corporate Counsel Review and was selected to participate in South Texas’ advocacy program, winning second best speaker at the Hispanic National Bar Association tournament and second best brief at the Mack Kidd Administrative Law tournament. While attending law school, Jacqueline interned for Justice David Medina of the Supreme Court of Texas.
Jacqueline is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and the U.S. District Court Southern District. She began her career as a plaintiff’s personal injury attorney and transitioned to civil litigation defense in 2013. Since then, Jacqueline has tried personal injury lawsuits to juries and obtained favorable verdicts in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Brownsville, Texas. She has also obtained summary judgments in federal court. She has successfully defended clients across the state, from all along the Rio Grande Valley to north Texas. Her experience includes personal injury, construction defect, and product defect claims. Jacqueline has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2017 to present.
As the daughter of a small business owner, Jacqueline understands the hard work that it takes to build and run a company, large or small, and evaluates and defends each case with that in mind.
In her free time, Jacqueline enjoys volunteering with the Junior League of Houston, Inc. and cheering on the Baylor Bears and Houston Astros. Jacqueline is most passionate about her family, her husband, Jesse, and children, Avery and Grayson, and can always be found supporting them and volunteering in their many activities.
Jacqueline is fluent in Spanish.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Baylor University, B.A. Political Science, 2009
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) (2017 to present)
- Selected for the Hispanic National Bar Association Latina Leadership Academy (2016)
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment in a product defect and DTPA claim on behalf of a national manufacturer of plumbing fixtures and faucets in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas—Galveston Division.
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment on behalf of a national brewing company at its distribution facility in a premises liability action in Harris County, Texas.
- Obtained a partial summary judgment on an easement dispute in Harris County, Texas.
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment in a premises liability action on behalf of a small business owner in Harris County, Texas.
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment in a product defect and DTPA claim on behalf of a national manufacturer and supplier of pneumatic and hydraulic tool accessories for the construction, mining, and demolition industries in Harris County, Texas.
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment on behalf of a small business owner involving an auto collision in Nueces County, Texas.
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment on behalf of an automatic door company in a premises liability action in Jefferson County, Texas.
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment on behalf of a personal injury at a tool manufacturing facility in Cameron County, Texas.
- Successfully obtained a defense verdict involving a bodily injury claim in an electrical panel explosion on behalf of a family-owned electrical company in Cameron County, Texas.
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
Publications & Speeches
- “Supreme Court of Delaware Clarifies Use and Meaning of the Proper Purpose and Demand Futility Requirements of Section 220,” (ST. B. SEC. NEWSL., CORP. COUN., Austin, TX), Spring 2012
- Presented to an insurance company concerning the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Junior League of Houston, Inc., Member, (2014 to present), Board Member (2022-2023), Community Council Member (2021-2023)
- Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Church, Member