David C. Larsen Attorney
David Larsen is an experienced civil litigator who started his career practicing in Southern California. David relocated to New Mexico several years ago and practiced with a national defense firm before joining Mayer LLP. Utilizing an aggressive and thorough approach, David has won numerous dispositive motions in both state and federal courts and obtained a defense verdict in a products liability/wrongful death case in one of New Mexico’s most plaintiff-friendly venues.
David’s practice centers around defending corporations and individuals in high exposure personal injury and wrongful death cases, though he also has significant experience handling consumer litigation, business litigation, and insurance coverage work.
In his spare time, David enjoys spending time with his family and friends, rooting for his hometown sports teams, and playing guitar.
- Western State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, B.S. in Sports Management and a Minor in Economics
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Awarded a defense verdict in state court in multi-million-dollar wrongful death/products liability action;
- Granted summary judgment in state court in a high exposure construction injury/paralysis case;
- Settled a multi-million-dollar wrongful death lawsuit against a buffalo ranch for nuisance value after leveraging the case by successfully removing the case to federal court and filing a motion for summary judgment; and
- Persuaded a federal judge to grant a motion to dismiss with prejudice against a car dealership in a consumer lawsuit.
Publications & Speeches
Presenter, “Your First Jury Trial” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Firm-Wide MCLE, January 2018, Albuquerque, New Mexico.