T. Danielle Ross Attorney
Danielle is an experienced litigator focusing on helping clients through complex and catastrophic litigation, whether that be anything from a wrongful death claim to breach of contract. She started her legal career as a procurement officer at NASA Johnson Space Center in the International Space Station office through the Presidential Management Fellowship program. After working on a GAO Protest by coordinating a large document production and assisting NASA General Counsel with the legal briefing, she knew she needed to be in litigation.
Danielle then spent five years at another Houston insurance defense firm learning the ropes of civil litigation and defending some of the nation’s largest insurers in personal injury, premise liability, wrongful death, and subrogation actions. She used that knowledge to work for another Houston plaintiff’s firm for the last seven years, handling everything from traumatic brain injuries, premise liability, non-competes, trademark, and medical malpractice cases. After securing a favorable opinion from the Texas Supreme Court on a utility, wrongful death case, Danielle knew she was ready to expand her career.
As part of the Mayer team, Danielle provides a detail-oriented and modern approach to her cases involving transportation and hospitality industries. She is always working to improve her knowledge of her client’s businesses to better represent them at trial and brainstorming creative ways to impact a jury.
In her free time, Danielle enjoys DIY projects, quilting, crafting, hiking, and photography with her husband, Daniel, and daughter, Charlotte. She also leads worship at her local church, Bay Area Christian Church, in Webster, Texas. She loves to travel and camp and is working towards visiting every U.S. National Park.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2007
- Texas A&M University, B.A. Speech Communication, 2004
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Developed winning argument adopted by the Texas Supreme Court regarding the Public Utility Commission’s exclusive jurisdiction over “affected persons” and personal injury claims.
- Secured a zero-dollar judgment on a hotly contested neighbor dispute regarding water diversion in Fort Bend County after a two-week jury trial.
- Successfully defended and settled home-owner fire claim for nuisance value
- Represented large insurance companies in subrogation actions as a result of the catastrophic Bastrop fires.
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member & Former Vice President of CLE, Bay Area Bar Association
- Member, Houston Association of Women Attorneys