Lauren O. Baber Attorney
Fayetteville attorney Lauren Baber has litigation experience in a wide variety of civil matters but focuses her practice primarily on insurance defense, transportation law, and family law. She represents insurers and their insureds in personal injury defense, wrongful death/survival actions, premises liability, and coverage disputes. Lauren is also frequently consulted by insurance companies for coverage analyses, disputes, and investigations outside of litigation. She has successfully handled appeals to the Arkansas Court of Appeals and the Arkansas Supreme Court. Her briefs in two cases at the appellate level resulted in notable developments to Arkansas law when they were affirmed by the Arkansas Supreme Court — both of those appeals arose from trucking accidents. Since 2013, Lauren has been annually named to the Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list.
Lauren graduated magna cum laude from the University of Arkansas School of Law, where she served as a Note & Comment Editor for the Arkansas Law Review, was a member of the Board of Advocates and held the positions of Honor Council Representative, Class Representative, and Faculty Liaison for the Student Bar Association at varying times. She worked as the teaching assistant to Professor Howard Brill for Civil Procedure I and II during her third year of law school. At graduation, she received the 2011 Trial Advocacy Award.
Lauren is the mother of three children; together, they enjoy hiking and biking the Ozark trails. She also serves as a member of the Community Leadership Council for Single Parent Scholarship Fund of NWA.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2011
- University of Arkansas, B.S. Human Environmental Sciences, summa cum laude, 2007
- State Bar of Arkansas, 2011
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
Distinctions & Certifications
- MidSouth Super Lawyers Rising Star, Thomson Reuters (2013-2020)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel
Publications & Speeches
- Moderator, “Best Trial Preparation Practices from a Defense Perspective,” Trial Skills & Preparation: How to be a Trial Ninja!, CLE by Washington and Pulaski County Bar Associations, June 2021
- Panelist, “Telling Your Story: Career Myths Debunked,” University of Arkansas, Career Success Symposium, September 2020
- Note, An Uncomplicated Process? The Deficiencies of Arkansas’s Venue Scheme as Demonstrated by Dotson v. City of Lowell, 36 Ark. L. Rev. 883 (2010)
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of NWA, Community Leadership Council