Kelley E. Cash Attorney
Kelley Cash is a litigation attorney with over twenty years of experience successfully representing clients in a wide variety of litigation matters in both state and federal courts. Such matters include complex-commercial litigation; disputes over family businesses and trusts; healthcare litigation; product liability litigation; insurance defense; and personal injury litigation.
She excels at using critical thinking to develop unique legal strategies and solutions to legal issues as well as conveying those strategies and solutions to courts and juries through her skilled legal writing and court arguments.
- J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law
- B.S. from Southern Methodist University
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Won summary judgment for defendant Fortune 500 client in high-profile wrongful death case arising from shooting on premises where plaintiffs’ families sought millions in damages against the client, resulting in dismissal of all claims against the client. Kelley handled all pre-trial discovery matters then wrote and argued the summary judgment motion with the judge granting the motion from the bench at the conclusion of argument.
- Wrote, argued, and won summary judgment in federal court in the Southern District of Texas for plaintiff client in commercial insurance coverage dispute regarding duty to defend and indemnify issues, resulting in final judgment in favor of client for hundreds of thousand of dollars. This judgment was recently upheld by the federal 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Won, after a jury trial, a no-liability verdict for a luxury hotel chain in a significant personal injury case where the plaintiff sought over a million dollars in damages.
- Established through motion practice in federal court, the legality of a client's multi-million-dollar healthcare contract leading to a substantial settlement of client's claims on that contract.
- Wrote and won in federal bankruptcy court a motion for summary judgment in oil and gas commercial dispute. The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals subsequently affirmed the summary judgment, resulting in a multi-million-dollar settlement in the client's favor against one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
- Wrote, argued, and won summary judgment for defendant aviation client resulting in complete dismissal of plaintiff's claims for fraud and breach of warranty seeking over a million dollars in damages.
- Successfully opposed in probate court a motion for turnover order, which resulted in protecting the client's assets from the opposing party's attempts to collect a $65 million judgment.
- Advocate for animal charities in Texas focusing on rural, underserved areas in the state.