Jason W. Kerr Attorney
Jason W. Kerr focuses his practice primarily on civil litigation and the defense of wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury litigation. He is a frequent lecturer on topics involving tort litigation. He has extensive experience representing Fortune 500 companies, as well as self-insured and insured businesses facing high exposure for major losses in litigation matters including trucking accidents, nonsubscriber workplace injuries, premises liability claims, product liability claims, and dram shop actions. In addition to his wrongful death and catastrophic injury litigation defense practice, Jason has also successfully defended major national insurance companies against first-party claims involving breach of contract, fraud, violations of the Texas Insurance Code, and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
In a profession where preparation is critical, Jason shows up booted and spurred. He gives as much deliberation to his opponent’s position as he does to the position of his own client. As a result, Jason is astutely aware of how the other side will present their case, and knows how to effectively strike their weaknesses. Jason’s vast experience allows him to quickly analyze a client’s exposure and formulate an aggressive, thorough defense strategy with the case prepared for success at trial.
The hallmark of Jason’s practice is his belief that lawyers don’t have to be intolerable in order to be effective; that aggressive, successful legal services can be performed without compromising professionalism; and that our clients, the legal community and the public are best served when lawyers demonstrate the highest ethical standards owing to our profession. In keeping with his professional philosophy, Jason utilizes thorough preparation, strategic thinking, and excellent writing and litigation skills in a professional manner to achieve the best possible results for his clients.
- Texas Tech University School of Law; J.D., 2001
- Baylor University; B.A., 1998
- State Bar of Texas, 2001
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters (2007-2008)
- Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators, America’s Top 100, 2018
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Life Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- DAYL Foundation, Life Fellow
Publications & Speeches
- Wrongful Death and Bystander Causes of Action
- Handling Liens and Assignments