David W. Prasifka Attorney
David is an attorney who always strives for the best result possible for his clients and has handled a variety of cases for clients over the past 20 years. While attending law school he was the chief clerk of the 280th District Court in Harris County. He began his legal career at the 14th Court of Appeals in Houston as the briefing attorney for Chief Justice Curtis Brown. Since joining Lorance Thompson, his trial experience has included cases involving general liability, trucking and automotive, personal injury, insurance coverage and contract disputes, age discrimination and toxic tort claims. He has tried cases as a first chair attorney in both Federal and State courts of Texas and handled appeals in the Texas Courts of Appeals and to the 5th Circuit. His fellow lawyers think highly enough of him to award him a AV Martindale-Hubbell rating.
When not practicing law, David enjoys barbecuing, cooking, traveling, skiing and renovating a Houston Heights bungalow with his wife Jenny, French bulldog named Tate and five cats.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of North Texas, B.B.A., 1980
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Was part of the team representing Insurers in a matter which set the legal standard for interpreting the “absolute pollution exclusion” in the case of National Union Fire Ins Co. v CBI Industries, 907 S.W.2d 517 (Tex. 1995).
- Successfully defended the operator of a salt dome storage facility in Mont Belvieu, Texas against numerous lawsuits filed by residents and businesses in Mont Belvieu regarding allegations of negligence, nuisance, misrepresentation and concealment, antitrust, conspiracy, enterprise liability, market share liability and concert of action, along with request for punitive damages.
- Successfully represented numerous individuals in lawsuits arising out of automobile accidents resulting in defense jury verdicts in over 90% of the cases tried to a jury.
- Successfully represented numerous trucking companies and their drivers in lawsuits in Texas reaching fair and amicable settlement and when necessary reasonable results in trial including defense favorable verdict in Beaumont.
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute