Benjamin Bonney Attorney
Ben Bonney is a seasoned attorney with a diverse legal background, including construction law, commercial contract disputes, mechanics and materialman’s liens, debt collection, and funeral home litigation. Ben keeps his eye on his client’s bottom line and aims to resolve cases as efficiently as possible. He excels in courtroom demeanor and fights for his clients with persuasive legal argumentation. Ben is also persistent at the negotiating table, ensuring his clients obtain favorable outcomes. With a strong track record of success, he has become a trusted advocate for corporations facing complex legal challenges big or small.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law – Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2018
- University of Texas at Austin - Bachelor of Science, Marine Biology, 2013
- Texas Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Articles Editor for SMU’s Journal of Science and Technology Law
- Successfully obtained favorable settlement agreement for local contractors in payment disputes stemming from contracting work.
- Assisted in defending one of Dallas’s oldest funeral homes, obtaining favorable settlement in over 40 lawsuits filed by a single plaintiff’s firm.
- Obtained nondischargeable judgment in Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Court for over $1.3 million in case involving disputed storage lien on 72 tractor-trailers.
- Created precedent favorable to client on appeal in case of alleged overreach by Texas municipality.
- Successfully obtained favorable results for Fortune 500 auto lenders in over 200 commercial litigation cases.
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association Commercial Law Section