Scott Mayo Attorney
Scott Mayo has spent his entire legal career defending a broad range of complex claims including transportation, premises liability, construction liability, personal injury and products liability. He has represented local and national construction companies on matters involving construction defects, contractual liability, job site fatalities, owner/contractor controlled insurance programs and other construction related disputes. Scott has extensive experience in handling complex litigation and has tried numerous cases to favorable defense verdicts.
In addition to Scott’s significant litigation experience, he has successfully negotiated numerous settlements and dismissals of citations for his clients with OSHA and the Solicitor for the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1999; Order of the Barristers
- Howard Payne University, B.A., cum laude, 1996; Graduate of the Douglas MacArthur Academy of Freedom; Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- State Bar of Texas, 1999
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters (2005)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Publications & Speeches
- You’re Not the Boss of Me (A Look at OSHA’s Multi-Employer Worksite Doctrine)
- Taking Advantage of the Protections Afforded by the Comp Bar
- Adjusting and Defending Construction Claims