Paul J. Goldenberg Partner
Mr. Goldenberg is a trial lawyer that focuses on trying construction and personal injury lawsuits. He primarily represents owners, contractors, engineers, architects, and material manufacturers in the defense of commercial construction claims. After graduating from law school in 1999, Mr. Goldenberg worked in the corporate and transactional practice section of Weil, Gotschal & Manges.
In 2001, Mr. Goldenberg brought his corporate practice background into a litigation setting at Lorance Thompson. Since joining Lorance Thompson, he has practiced in the construction law section focusing on defending design professionals (architects and engineers) and contractors. The size of the matters he has been involved in range from small residential construction to $25 million construction defect claims. Along with his construction litigation background, Mr. Goldenberg has defended automobile cases, civil assault and products liability matters. Paul enjoys helping others and helping them achieve their goals and as a lawyer, he gets to do this every day in a wide range of areas. The key to achieving his client’s goals is always being prepared and ready to try the case.
Paul is most proud of his two perfect children. He spends most of his spare time carrying them between baseball and soccer. He attends and is active in the First Church in Pearland.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.,
- University of Houston, B.S.,
- State Bar of Texas
- Multiple multi-week trials in venues all over Texas
- Hired several times on the eve of trial to come in and take over defense of a case, eventually winning and take-nothing verdict for the defense client.
- Pouring out a state university’s $3 million claim against an architect for failing to file a certificate of merit.
- Winning summary judgment on limitations against owner on multi-million-dollar condo lawsuit.
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of landlords in several dog-bite cases brought by tenants. The summary judgments were appealed and affirmed.
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association (Section: Construction Law)
- Texas Bar Association (Section: Construction Law)
- Houston Bar Association