Mavish Bana Attorney
Mavish Bana is an attorney experienced in business, commercial, construction, and general liability litigation. She is an active participant in Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, South Asian Bar Association, and Attorneys Serving the Community.
Mavish graduated, cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and joined the State Bar of Texas in 2018. During law school, she was an Editor for the Science & Technology Law Review. She also founded the South Asian Law Student Association and actively participated in the Corporate Law Association and Women in Law. In 2017, she was Awarded the Alexander Bolton Law Student Award for her commitment to community service.
While participating in the Corporate Counsel Externship Program at SMU, Mavish gained extensive exposure to corporate in-house matters and advised corporate executives in compliance and risk-management. Her latest clerkships at Langley LLP and the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America have prepared her to perform at a high level in a litigious environment. Her previous internship at the College Station Municipal Court gave her great insights into the factors influencing judicial decisions.
Through her coursework and work experiences, she has developed a passion for complex litigation. Her practical experience and leadership endeavors have trained her to work well under pressure and to strive for excellence.
- Labor & Employment
· Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2018
· Texas A&M University, B.A. in Sociology and Minor in Communication, Dean’s List, 2015
State Bar of Texas, 2018
Distinctions & Certifications
· SMU Science & Technology Law Review, Article Editor
· Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Alexander Bolton Law Student Scholarship Award Recipient
· State Bar of Texas
· Dallas Bar Association
· Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
· Texas Women Lawyers Association
· Dallas Women Lawyers Association
· Attorneys Serving the Community
· South Asian Bar Association
· State Bar of Texas, Probono College