Kunal Shah Partner
Kunal Shah focuses his practice on employment litigation and counseling and commercial litigation. He represents and counsels mid-size businesses and C-suite level individuals in the construction, healthcare, information technology and retail industries in matters involving day-to-day employment issues to complex business litigations. Kunal works with clients throughout Texas, and has extensive experience representing clients in New York, New Jersey, Florida and California in a wide range of employment and commercial disputes including trade secret misappropriation, breach of restrictive covenants, hacking, fraud, breach of contract, discrimination and retaliation.
Kunal’s aggressive, thorough and practical approach to litigation allows his clients to understand and appreciate the risks and rewards of extensive litigation early-on. His counseling strategy focuses on preventative solutions for businesses geared towards claims avoidance and loss mitigation. Kunal is routinely asked to present and train management level personnel on claims identification, mitigation, and prevention.
- Labor & Employment
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Rutgers University, B.A.,cum laude, 2007
- State Bar of New Jersey, 2011
- State Bar of New York, 2012
- State Bar of Texas, 2017
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Dallas ISD on a Texas Whistleblower Act claim in Dallas County.
- Defeated class certification of an anticipated class of 1,600 home health attendants on behalf of a large health care corporation in New York County.
- Obtained dismissal of FLSA and Title VII claims in the Northern District of Texas on behalf of the Texas chapter of the American Legion.
- Granted dismissal of DTPA and breach of contract claims on behalf of large Texas land surveyor.
- Dallas Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Dallas
- Content contributor for CRC Group Wholesale & Specialty Insurance