Kim Kerns Attorney
Kim Kerns is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and has tried over 25 jury trials to verdict. Kim primarily practices in the Litigation and Construction sections, while also specializing in Surety Law and investigating bond claims. Her diverse litigation experience includes defending insurance companies, construction companies, municipalities, design professionals, motor carriers, and individuals in first and third-party lawsuits involving transportation accidents, premises liability, construction matters, professional liability, and products liability.
Kim has represented clients in all phases of litigation and has extensive courtroom experience. Kim’s confidence in the courtroom results in not only favorable verdicts but also favorable outcomes through dispositive motions and settlement.
Early on, Kim had an ambition to be a trial lawyer and competed on several mock trial teams while attending SMU Dedman School of Law. Kim is dedicated to inspiring a new generation of trial lawyers and coaches high school mock trial. Away from the office, Kim also enjoys practicing yoga and spending time with her husband, son, and two dogs.
- SMU Dedman School of Law, Cum Laude, 2011
- University of Texas at Dallas, Cum Laude, 2007
- State Bar of Texas, 2011
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Women’s Construction Law Group
- Coach, High School Mock Trial Team