Kalin Cogar Attorney
Kalin Cogar is a Senior Attorney in the Albuquerque office handling civil litigation matters, specifically the defense of bodily injury cases (auto, premises liability, products liability, construction, and landlord-tenant cases). Kalin has over six years of litigation experience in criminal and civil matters. She began her career in Houston, Texas, working for a boutique law firm handling both criminal and civil matters, including various immigration cases. In 2016 Ms. Cogar moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico, and began working as a prosecutor for the First Judicial District of New Mexico District Attorney's Office. In 2018 she joined the Special Victim's Unit prosecution team as a Senior Trial Attorney for the Second Judicial District of New Mexico. In 2020 she made the move to civil litigation and practiced with a national defense firm before joining Mayer LLP in April of 2022.
In her free time, Kalin enjoys hiking and/or snowboarding in the mountains, spending time with her two nephews and her German Shephard-Huskey, traveling, college football, and live music.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2013
- Baylor University – B.A. in Journalism/Public Relations with a minor in Communications, 2005
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
Distinctions & Certifications
- "Ones to Watch," Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, Best Lawyers, 2022
Publications & Speeches
- Planned, prepared and presented CLE training on the investigation and prosecution of strangulation cases.