John Michael Adkins Attorney
Michael is an associate attorney in the Fayetteville office of Mayer LLP. Prior to joining the Mayer firm, Michael worked as a prosecutor at the Benton County Prosecuting Attorney Office, located in Bentonville, Arkansas. Michael practiced in Circuit court, Division 1, prosecuting felony offenses.
Before law school Michael worked as a registered nurse with experience on both the pediatric medical surgical unit, as well as the post anesthesia care unit (PACU).
While in law school, Michael was the recipient of the Arent Fox/Dale Bumpers Excellence in Writing Award and subsequently served as the Articles Editor for the Journal of Food Law and Policy.
Michael is a Fayetteville native. Outside of the office, Michael enjoys spending time with his family, drumming, rowing, climbing, and generally spending time in the great outdoors.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Bachelors of Science in Nursing, 2012
- University of Arkansas, Bachelors of Arts, Cultural Anthropology, 2007
- State Bar of Arkansas, 2019
Publications & Speeches
- The Global Food Security Act: America’s strategic approach to combating world hunger.