Elizabeth L. Carey Attorney
Elizabeth is someone who wants to help her clients achieve their goals. With over 25 years of experience, she is a dedicated business professional who is knowledgeable in her field. She has represented clients in first and third-party insurance claims involving personal injury, property damage, premises liability, and bad faith. Her experience also includes representing clients in complex litigation involving products liability and toxic torts. She has also worked with foreign business entities seeking to establish subsidiaries in Texas, including corporate formation, business contracts, employment agreements, software licensing agreements, and other transactional matters. She enjoys the challenges faced with her profession and does her best to pursue the best outcome with any matter. Elizabeth always listens with intent and always finds ways to represent her clients in the most efficient manner possible.
Being a native Texan, born and raised in the Corpus Christi area, she enjoys being by the water whenever possible. Elizabeth enjoys an active and outdoors lifestyle outside of the office, as well. She loves running, fishing, camping, biking, and hiking. By and large, any activity that is outdoors, Elizabeth enjoys it thoroughly. She is also a college football fan who bleeds orange and white for the Texas Longhorns.
- Texas Tech School of Law, J.D., 1989
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1986
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Illinois (Inactive)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Houston Bar Association
- Successfully resolved over 350 bad faith property damage cases in 2015 resulting from wind, hail, fire, and water losses for national property insurance carriers.
- Defended manufacturer of asbestos-containing products as a member of its national counsel team in cases filed throughout the United States.
- Obtained dismissals of hundreds of Texas cases for various manufacturers of asbestos-containing products and equipment.
- Defended premises owners, product manufacturers and equipment manufacturers in mass tort litigation throughout Texas for claims based upon silica, benzene, and manganese.
Publications & Speeches
“Doing Business in Texas’; Offshore Technology Conference – Innovation Norway; Houston, Texas; May 2007
“Pathology of Asbestos-Related Disease”; Mealey’s Asbestos Litigation 101 Conference; Dallas, Texas; June 2003