Philip K. Bean Attorney
Phil, an associate of the firm, practices in the Litigation section of the Dallas office with a focus on defending companies in personal injury, wrongful death and nonsubscriber actions. Phil successfully tried his first case while still attending law school, and has continued to hone his courtroom skills in the years since. While he enjoys trying cases, Phil’s aggressive and proactive approach in defending his clients enables him to quickly dispose of frivolous claims, and to pressure the opposition for reasonable settlements where appropriate.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Florida, B.S., 2007
- State Bar of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District, Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District, Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District, Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District, Texas
Distinctions & Certifications
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019
- Successfully defended a landowner against claims of negligence, trespass and nuisance by an adjoining landowner, who alleged to have sustained significant water damage. Obtained a summary judgment dismissing all claims and successfully defended the claims on appeal.
- Successfully defended an auto dealership in a case alleging claims of negligence and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Obtained a summary judgment dismissing all claims with prejudice.
- Successfully defended a residential builder in a suit by home purchasers alleging breach of contract and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Obtained a summary judgment dismissing all claims with prejudice.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association